Sheet Pan Dinner that's 'oh so easy' and extremely flavorful and takes under 30 minutes for you to have a delicious dinner on the table. No dirty pots and pans waiting, just absolutely diving chicken and potatoes.
There is no easier oven dinner that a sheet pan meal and that feeling of it's in the oven and there will be no other dirty pots and pans is priceless.
Sheet Pan Dinner
I promise there are no hidden secrets to this easy sheet pan dinner. Besides a generous amount of our natural and fragrant spices and a really good quality olive oil, you're good to go.
As with all easy recipes that require a small number of ingredients you have to choose the best quality and grades because those are the only ingredients that the flavor can pull from.
- Smell & Taste spices
- Olive oil
Chicken - This recipe calls for chicken breasts but you can use chicken thighs or drumsticks or even strips. The times will vary though according to the thickness of the meat cut. Try and choose chicken breasts that are not too thick that they will need a pounding because the idea of this recipe is less, much less work. Organic, free range as long it's fresh and clean, very important.
For more on how to pound and if it's necessary take a look at this post here.
Potatoes - Use the potatoes you have or prefer. These are regulars cooking potatoes that were washed, peeled and cubed. Lots here on my daughters Turmeric Roast Chicken with Potatoes with peels on.
Absolutely no need to boil them first, again, quick and easy recipe.
Widget not in any sidebars
If you are not in South Africa and cannot get the Smell & Taste spices I would suggest going with your favorite and trusted spice brand. Spices are not all made the same and definitely don't carry the same ingredients in terms of quantities and freshness. Make sure you read the label and know what you're adding into not just your food but your body.
Cooking with spices adds incredible flavor to your food so don't leave them out.
Olive oil - Good quality for great flavor!
Lemon - A squeeze of fresh lemon over the chicken while it's hot out the oven. You can serve some sliced lemon and herbs on the side for extra measure.
Serving Suggestions and Alternatives
This sheet pan dinner is everything and more on it's own but if you like you can add crusty bread, more veggies like broccoli florets, tender stem broccoli, carrots, sweet potato instead. There are a number of alternatives you will just to regulate the cooking times and make sure that the veggies are cut small to cook quickly.
More Related Recipes
Sheet Pan Chicken and Potatoes
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 to 6 potatoes
- 1 teaspoon chicken 13 spice - Smell & Taste
- 1 teaspoon Cajun sausage seasoning - Smell & Taste
- ¼ teaspoon vegetable seasoning - Smell & Taste
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper - Smell & Taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- fresh herb - thyme parsley or rosemary
- Heat the oven to 220° C
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes and add them into a bowl.
- Dry the chicken with a kitchen towel. Line the tray with baking if you like but there is enough oil in this pan and we take them out before any drying happens. No dry chicken here!
- In a separate small bowl combine all the spices, a sprinkle of salt & pepper and some of the oil and mix into a oil/spice mix. Leave a little behind to drizzle later.
- Pour half the oil mix over the potatoes and use your clean fingers to roll the potatoes into the mix making sure to coat them well. Place the potatoes onto the oven tray.
- Get the chicken breasts into the same bowl that you mixed the potatoes in and use the remaining oil mix to coat the chicken breasts. If your mix is dry add a drizzle more oil. You should have a runny oil mix not a paste. Add the chicken breasts onto the oven tray.
- Bake on the middle rack for 18 to 22 minutes minutes and take it out. (Check on 20 minutes, should be done but for more of a golden top give it about 3 more minutes). Place the chicken on a plate don't leave it on the tray or it will continue cooking! Potatoes should also be ready if cut into small cubes. They won't be crispy on top but will taste incredible!
- Add fresh herbs into the pan and use a spoon or cooking brush to collect the oil in the bottom of the pan to coat the chicken and potatoes.
- The chicken will be brown as per pic remove it and let is sit 3 minutes before cutting into it.