Spicy rice is so easy to make there is honestly no wrong way to do this and you're rewarded with a fragrant, delicious rice. Whether you are making a simple rice with herbs recipe or a spicy version they are both super simple and versatile!
After posting this Salmon And Rice on Instagram I got so many people asking for the rice recipe! I was sharing the salmon in an Asian sauce but the requests flew in for the rice recipe. I was so grateful for the requests because it led me to this recipe that I can share with you, thank you. Also, please don't forget to comment and rate my recipe below because that helps other people like you give it a try.
Widget not in any sidebars
I use flavored and 'spruced up' rice so much that I'm sharing a few pics with you to show you how you can use your flavorful rice recipe. It will also depend a lot on what you're serving with because the rice is so well flavored that you could quite literally eat it all on its own. One taste and you will be hooked! That's for anyone whose never never cooked flavorful before, it tastes amazing so give it a try
Links To Recipes Above
- Avocado and Rice Bowl (and how to make a divine rice with onion and white wine!)
- Salmon and Rice
- Rice & Rosmarino Salad
- Basmati Herb and Rice
- Oven Baked Chicken and Crunchy Rice Casserole
How To Make This Spicy Rice
- First cook your rice - here's an easy recipe for the perfect basmati rice
- Prepare the fresh herbs by deciding which ones you're using, even one herb makes a difference you don't have to use loads
- You can roughly chop your fresh herbs on a board once you've bundled them together. I prefer creating a bunch of the leafy ones (basil, parsley, dill) and gently tearing them apart and dropping into the pan. With herbs like thyme, oregano and rosemary, you can pull them off against the stem.
When I shared this rice and salmon recipe I used my basmati rice recipe and simply tossed that into the pan where the salmon and sauce juices were left. Never toss those bits that look burnt in some oil, if you have cooked rice or cooked pasta, you have a meal with those juices!
Tips and Suggestions!
If you don't have any cooked rice or pasta at the time of the making a dish that's sure to leave you flavored bits and fat, like these Steak Nibbles never toss it out! Store it for when you do make a carb again because it goes great with mashed potato and peas too!
Remember that for fresh herbs you need about a teaspoon more of the required amount of dried herbs. This rice recipe used 2 fresh herbs, an Asian sauce (shared on the salmon recipe) and our Smell and Taste spice blends.
Smell and Taste Spices
Smell and Taste carries a range of all natural, small batches, non-irradiated spice blends. These spices will be an unbelievable source of inspiration and flavor in your kitchen so feel free to visit and shop our spice range!
The recipe that started this post 🙂 Nothing a drizzle of sauce can't do for flavoring so take a look at the recipe where I also share a video.
I do hope that you enjoyed my Spicy Rice Recipe and I hope that you will try them out.
Share your recipes with me too on Instagram by using the hashtag #anosmickitchen and @anosmickitchen
Spicy Rice Recipe
- 1 ½ cups Cooked rice recipe
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped or simply twist and pull apart into the pot mint and parsley
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
Smell & Taste Spice Blends
- ½ teaspoon vegetable spice - Smell & Taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic & herb spice - Smell & Taste
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper - Smell & Taste
- 1 x Recipe Cooked Rice
- Melt the butter in a large non stick pan and cook the onion until shimmering and soft. Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.