A very easy and Tender Beef Stir Fry recipe made with a few vegetables and a quick marinade. A meal for the whole family that comes together in under 30 minutes.
Tender Beef Stir Fry
When it comes to weekends the mind automatically goes into relax mode and that's okay. After a long week no one wants to be cooking anything! This stir fry recipe is both comforting and delicious and the speed of it all is totally worth it so make sure that all your ingredients are ready and next to the stove.
For starters, there's not a whole lot you need and you probably have the ingredients in your pantry. If there's anything you don't have, you can always substitute with similar tasting ingredients.
Meat: The key ingredient here is beef. We are using the same cut of beef that you would use for stroganoff so no fat on it. There are many cuts of beef you can use from sirloin, chuck steak and flank steak. You could also use rib eye but it's not a cheap cut of meat so I wouldnt necessarily cut it up for stir-fry.
Veggies: The beauty of a stir fry is always in the fresh and colorful veggies so if you love them, here's you chance to use all the ones you love.
Which Vegetables are Most Suitable For Stir Fry?
If you decide to pack your stir fry up withe a bunch of vegetables, be sure to cut them nice and thin. You don't want them steaming over each other.
- Bell peppers
What Cooking Oil is Best For Stir Fry
We are cooking on high heat so oil with a high smoke point is important: grape seed oil, canola oil, avocado oil, vegetable oil, extra light olive oil and peanut oil.
Tender Beef Stir Fry Ingredients
You can find the full recipe card below, meanwhile here's a list;
- Beef strips
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
How To Make Tender Beef Stir Fry
If you've never made a stir fry before, don't panic, it's easy peasy just remember these things:
- Have the ingredients ready before you start cooking
- Use a wok or large pan
- Keep the heat high
- Don't over sauce you food, you can always add more but cant take it out
- Keep the pan and ingredients moving, as in: everything is quick and hot!
- Don't overcrowd the pan, rather work in batches. Overcrowding steams rather than browns the meat.
Tender Beef Stir Fry
depending on where uou buy the meat
When they are thin, they cook quick! If you are using beef like chuck steak and you need or any beef that's not prepacked, ask your butcher to thinly slice it against the grain.
Stir Fry Sauce
A good stir fry has other components that we discussed earlier which is the beef and vegetables but the sauce, that's where the magic lies. You can have all the fresh vegetables and best cut of beef, but if the sauce is not good, neither will the stir fry.
This is my play it safe sauce which never lets me down so I kind of stick to it and sometimes when I feel daring I might tweak it a bit. This is sauce is 100% umami flavors and absolutely finger licking good!
How To Make Tender Beef Stir Fry and Sauce
Slice the meat and place into a dish. Season the meat with salt and pepper, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper or use a ½ teaspoon of this salt and pepper fresh blend. Add 2 to 3 cloves of crushed garlic, 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, 1 tablespoon of grated ginger, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon of maizena (or cornflour) and a quarter cup of low sodium soy sauce. Combine the ingredients with the meat and set aside.
At this point you can cover the dish with plastic wrap and leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes to overnight.
Heat canola or vegetable oil in a wok or pan on high heat and brown the meat.
Slice the onions, cut the onion in half and slice it lenthways, the slices should not be too thin if you want to see when eating. Clean, de-seed and slice the bell pepper/s. Heat canola or vegetable oil in a wok/pan on high heat and only when the oil is smoking hot, add the vegetables. Cook the vegetables and use a spoon to lift and turn so they dont burn, it's all very quick. Add a little of the sauce.
At this point you add the beef and cook it with the vegetables, scraping the bottom and a slight shake to the pan to get everything well combined. After 1 to 2 minutes, add the sauce but don't forget to leave some behind for serving!
More Delicious Recipes
Never Miss A Recipe!
Join my free email list here to receive new recipes and a set of three delicious recipe ebooks!
Shop our online store for quality all natural spices.
Did you make this recipe? ★★★★★ Please rate it, thank you.
Tender Beef Stir Fry
- 4 Tbsps Oyster sauce
- 3 to 4 Tbsps Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsps Sherry wine vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar or honey
- 500 grams Beef, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsps Canola oil, divided with 2 tablespoons for the veg
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp Ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Maizena
- 1 Egg
- 1 Onion, roughly sliced lengthways
- 1 Red bell pepper, cleaned and sliced
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- Sesame Seeds
- Green onion, sliced
- Make the sauce: Add all the ingredients together in a jar, shake well and set aside.4 Tbsps Oyster sauce, 2 Tbsps Sherry wine vinegar or rice wine vinegar, 3 to 4 Tbsps Soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- Prep the meat: Slice the beef into thin strips and place into a pirax dish or bowl.500 grams Beef, thinly sliced
- Season the meat: Add the salt & pepper, maizena, egg, soy sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic and grated ginger. Set aside.
- Make ahead option: Cover the meat dish with cling wrap and refrigerate from 30 minutes to overnight.
- Cook the meat: In a wok or non stick pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. When the oil is hot, add the meat and cook on high heat for 3 to 4 minutes till brown. Remove and place onto a plate.
Cook the Stir-Fry the veggies
- In the same pan, still on high heat, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil and add the onions and bell peppers and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Shake the pan or use a spatula to scrape the bottom of the pan lifting the veggies as they cook.
- Combine: Return the meat to the pan, give it all a mix or shake, add another half of the sauce (keep some for serving!l) and remove the pan off the heat.
- Serve: Serve in bowls with chopsticks, chopped spring onion, toasted sesame seeds and the remaining sauce.