It goes without question that a tortilla wrap for lunch, brunch, pic-nic or dinner is for many families a favorite. These air fryer tortillas are so easy to put together and the options of fillings are endless. Today we are sharing a delicious Smoky Beans And Chorizo that makes a fantastic tortilla wrap!
You can add vegetables, protein as in chicken, salmon, beans etc. For those people who love some heat, chop some fresh chilies or use bottled peppers and chili flakes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it necessary to toast tortilla wraps?
If you want to add some texture and flavor yes.
Can you cook tortilla wraps in the oven?
Yes! You can cook tortilla wraps in the oven, air fryer and on the stove-top in a pan. All methods are great, the only difference will be the time. Check your wraps and when they are as golden brown as you want them, they are ready.
What other fillings can you add into a tortilla wrap?
Beans, chorizo, sour cream, guacamole, chicken, bacon, cheese and so much more!
How to prep and fill a tortill a wrap?
Place the wraps on a board (easier to fill them) and continue with the recipe.
You can fill one half and fold it or you can fill one whole tortilla wrap and lay another on top. This method might need some maneovering because it's very full it will need assistance so use an egg lifter to get it into the air fryer.
How to eat a tortilla wrap?
Tortialla wraps are meant for eating with your hands but if overfilled you will need to use a knife and fork. Or you can eat it as a roti and curry, with your hands, the best way!
Tortilla Wrap Filling Ideas
Feel free to use the same recipe and adjust your fillings, there are so many filling ideas from seafood, chicken and other meats including bacon, to avocado, tomatoes, red onions etc etc.
Do you add oil before heating a tortilla?
Use either melted butter or cooking spray to brush the tops to get a nice golden brown finish. You can also add chopped parsley to the melted butter and brush it on before placing the tortilla in the air fryer.
Feel free to use parchment paper in the air fryer for easy clean up but not essential.
Other Cooking Methods for Tortilla Wraps
Use a non stick pan or a griddle pan on the stove-top and lay the wrap flat until both sides are golden brown. You can either brush the wraps with melted butter or use a cooking spray to spray directly onto the wrap.
- Don't try and use half frozen tortilla wraps, make sure that they are properly thawed or they will break and be unpleasant.
- Preheat the air fryer for the same time that you need to air fry the wraps for.
Leftovers are always good and they always taste better the next day when the flavors have had time to develop even more. To reheat, place back int the air fryer for a few minutes or unitil warm. If you want to freeze, freeze them with making sure that they are well wrapped and sealed to avoid freeze drying them out.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
What Sauce To Put On A Tortilla Wrap
- 1x cup smoky chorizo and beans recipe
- 2x flour tortilla wraps
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsps yogurt, mayonnaise, sour cream or cream cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsps melted butter
- Additional sour cream for serving
- Spread your preferred cream choice on the base of the tortilla wrap, (lay it flat on a board) mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese, yogurt on the one half of the tortilla.
- Add grated cheese about a tablespoon or two over the cream followed by chorizo and bacon recipe, seasoning and finish off with cheese.
- Fold the empty half of the tortilla wrap over and gently press it down making half a wrap.
- Air fry: Preheat the air fryer for the same time that you are cooking the tortilla wrap. Place the wrap in the air fryer and brush with melted butter or use cooking spray to spray directly over the wraps. Use the grill setting for 5 minutes or air fry setting for 7 minutes (preheat accordingly) or until golden brown. Check in halfway to make sure it's more not more brown than you want.
- Serve with additional sour cream and enjoy!