Guacamole, the beloved Mexican dip, is a must-have in any party spread or as an accompaniment to your favorite Mexican dishes. This easy guacamole recipe with tomato is our family favorite especially served with nachos or crisps. It might be the guacamole recipe for nachos since we always seem to serve it the same way!
This is the best recipe for guacamole ever in our opinion but I get that each family has their own twist on it so either way, enjoy!
The beauty of guacamole lies in its simplicity, but also its versatility. This homemade guacamole recipe ensures a fresh and flavorful result, with the perfect balance of creamy avocado, zesty lime, and a touch of heat from jalapeños. It's a crowd-pleaser and a staple in Mexican cuisine. Let's dive into how to make this classic dip that's bound to be a hit at your next gathering.
The choice of ingredients in this guacamole recipe is crucial to achieving the perfect balance of flavors and textures. Avocados provide a creamy base, while Roma tomatoes add a juicy freshness. Red onions offer a mild bite, and jalapeños bring a hint of spice. Cilantro lends a burst of fresh herbaceousness, and fresh lime juice provides a zesty kick. It's all seasoned with salt and pepper for a well-rounded taste.
Ingredients For An Easy Guacamole Recipe
The choice of ingredients in this guacamole recipe is crucial to achieving the perfect balance of flavors and textures.
- Avocados: Avocados provide a creamy base
- Tomatoes: Roma tomatoes add a juicy freshness but feel free to use any fresh tomatoes just try and remove the seeds and any moisture to prevent the guacamole from turning soggy.
- Red onion: A mild and crisp bite them.
- Jalapeños: Brings a hint of spice.
- Cilantro: For a burst of fresh herbaceousness
- Fresh lime: Juice provides a zesty kick.
- Salt & pepper: Season with salt and pepper for a well-rounded taste
- You can substitute serrano peppers for jalapeños for a spicier kick.
- Red tomatoes can replace Roma tomatoes.
- If you're not a fan of cilantro, use fresh parsley for a different herbaceous flavor.
- Enhance your guacamole with diced mango or pineapple for a tropical twist.
- Add a handful of corn kernels for extra crunch and sweetness.
All you need is a mixing bowl, a fork, and a knife for dicing the ingredients.
Guacamole is best enjoyed fresh, but if you need to store leftovers, cover the surface with plastic wrap directly to minimize air exposure, and refrigerate. Consume it within a day or two.
For the perfect guacamole, choose ripe avocados. They should yield to gentle pressure when squeezed.
FAQs Easy Guacamole Recipe
Can I make guacamole in advance?
Yes, but it's best enjoyed fresh. To make it in advance, store it in an airtight container with plastic wrap touching the surface to minimize oxidation.
Can I adjust the spice level?
Absolutely. Add more or less jalapeños or switch to a milder pepper like bell pepper if you prefer a milder guacamole.
What dishes can I pair with guacamole?
Guacamole is fantastic with tortilla chips, tacos, quesadillas, burritos, or even as a sandwich spread. Enjoy your homemade guacamole, and let its fresh and vibrant flavors elevate your culinary creations!
Just before serving, add a few coriander leaves, and I like to keep some of the chopped onion and tomato for sprinkling on top. It gives the guacamole a bit of character.
- Avocado and Rice Bowl
- Roasted Veggie Dip
- Avocado Salad Dressing
- Roasted Veggie Dip
- Chimichurri Sauce
Should you try this recipe please share your photos and tag me I would absolutely love to see your delicious guacamole!
Easy Guacamole Recipe
- 1 ½ avocados
- 1 small fresh Roma tomato
- ½ finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp. jalapeños finely chopped (adjust to your preferred level of heat)
- coriander cilantro, a couple of leaves and fine stems, all finely chopped
- 1 Fresh lime juice to taste (you may need more or less of a small lime)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Prepare the Avocados: Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit, and scoop the flesh into a mixing bowl.
- Mash the Avocado: Using a fork, potato masher, or the back of a spoon, mash the avocado to your preferred level of smoothness. Some people like it chunky, while others prefer it smoother.
- Prepare the Tomato: Dice the Roma tomato into small pieces. Make sure to remove the seeds and excess moisture to prevent the guacamole from becoming too watery.
- Add Tomato and Red Onion: Add the diced tomato and finely chopped red onion to the mashed avocado in the bowl.
- Incorporate Jalapeños: Stir in the finely chopped jalapeños. Adjust the quantity to your taste, depending on how spicy you like your guacamole.
- Mix in Coriander (Cilantro): Add the finely chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves and stems to the mixture. This herb adds a burst of fresh flavor to the guacamole.
- Squeeze Fresh Lime Juice: Squeeze fresh lime juice over the mixture. Start with the juice of half a lime and then taste the guacamole. Add more lime juice if needed to achieve the desired level of tanginess.
- Season with Salt and Pepper: Season the guacamole with salt and pepper to taste. The amount may vary depending on your preferences and the saltiness of the chips or dishes you'll be serving with the guacamole.
- Mix Well: Stir all the ingredients together until they are well combined.
- Taste and Adjust: Taste the guacamole and adjust the seasoning, lime juice, or spiciness to your liking. Guacamole should have a balanced flavor that suits your taste buds.
- Serve: Transfer your homemade guacamole to a serving bowl and enjoy it with tortilla chips, tacos, or any dish of your choice.