This is an easy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs recipe that's completely delicious and mouthwatering! Packed in flavor, with tender meat and ready in under 30 minutes!
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
These easy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs are not only easy but also very customizable. You can change up the spices or stick to a simple salt and pepper with lemon or flavors that suit your family. They take minutes to make meaning you can get on with a mashed potato as a side dish or a simple salad. This recipe serves 2 to 4 people depending on the size of the family and the number of chicken thighs. You may also love these Seasoned Air Fryer Pork Belly Bites, Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks or a gorgeous whole air fryer chicken roast.
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Ingredients
Chicken Thighs: The most important ingredient in this recipe is obviously the chicken thighs. And ideally you’ll want the bone intact and the skin on.
Chicken Spice: You’ll also need some chicken spice to enhance the flavor, a tablespoon or two should be enough but be sure to keep an extra sprinkle for over the olive oil.
Salt and Pepper: As with most dishes, you’ll also need a little bit of salt and pepper to season. A teaspoon should suffice but consider the salt level in any spices that you add and use accordingly.
Lemon: Additionally, you’ll need a lemon from which you’ll extract some lemon juice for more flavor.
Olive Oil: Olive oil is the oil we’ll be using in this recipe and you’ll need a tablespoon of it.
Cooking Spray: And of course, to keep the chicken from sticking, you’ll need a dose of cooking spray.
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
Preheat the air fryer. If you don't have a preheat setting, simply start the air fryer for the required time and let it run for 5 minutes while you do a quick prep.
Prep the chicken. Dry the chicken and season with spice, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil.
Air fry. Place the chicken wings in the air fryer for 18 to 20 minutes depending on the size, or until an instant read thermometer reads 77 degrees Celsius.
And congratulations, your chicken is complete!
FAQ's Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
Should I use cooking spray when cooking in an air fryer?
First, check your manual because there are some air fryers that do need it and some have a non stick surface, it depends on the brand.
I tend to spray foods where I want a crispy finish like these sweet potatoes. When I want a crispy skin all round then I use cooking spray before cooking (while it preheats) and during the cooking process.
What? You can use cooking spray over the food?
You sure can! In-fact, if you're cooking meat pieces that have been coated in flour then you must use spray or your food will end up with some dry spots here and there.
Do you have tips for cleaning and preparing the chicken?
Yes, after you clean the chicken you should make sure to dry the chicken wings with some kitchen tissue paper in order to remove excess liquid.
You should also cut off and discard any unnecessary fat on the edges of the chicken thigh, such as excess skin.
How should I coat the chicken?
I recommend using your fingers to coat the chicken with the seasoning, and you should always make sure to do it on both sides.
Tips for cooking chicken in an air fryer?
For this recipe specifically, place the chicken wings skin side down first.
And also turn the chicken over halfway through the cooking process so that it cooks evenly.
Does the chicken have to be an internal temperature of 77 degrees?
You can cook chicken to an internal temperature of 75°C but one or two degrees more does make sure it's cooked through.
How long should I let my chicken rest?
Let the chicken rest for about 5 minutes, then you can cut into it!
More Recipes You May Love
- Buttery Mashed Potatoes, Instant Pot
- Lemon Butter Chicken Wings
- Chicken Wings
- Crispy Spicy Baked Potato Wedges
- Easy Braai Sauce Recipe
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Roasted Vegetables
- Red Cabbage Salad
What To Serve With Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Seasoned Air Fryer Pork Belly Bites
- Easy Air Fryer Pork Belly
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
Your comment are very helpful! If you've tried this Air Fryer Chicken Thighs recipe or any other recipes on Anosmic Kitchen, don't forget to rate this recipe and leave me a comment below. And if you've taken a photo, share it with me on Instagram so I can reshare it!
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 4 Bone-in skin-on, chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper Salt
- 1 tablespoon Chicken spice
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tbsps Olive oil
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes before starting and spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. No preheat? Simply run it for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle olive oil and pat it into the spices. Place the chicken thighs skin side down into the air fryer basket.
- Set the air fryer to 195 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes. If your air fryer doesn't remind you to turn them over, set a timer to turn them over on the 10 minute (halfway) mark skin side up for the remaining10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the basket when done or when a cooking thermometer reads 75 degrees C. You will see they are ready, the spices will have sunken into the succulent chicken skin. Serve with chopped fresh parsley and lemon slices.