Oven baked chicken breasts full of flavor, tender, moist and served with mashed potato and peas. What comfort food dreams are made of! This meal takes about 30 minutes to make.
This is my favorite chicken breast recipe because the ingredients are so basic. It's a light marinade and I almost always have them in stock thankfully.
Olive oil - Fat is what every marinade needs and in this recipe I've used half a cup of oil, no gasping please! It makes all the difference in the method in which I prepare this chicken breasts. The chicken breast doesn't actually get soaked in the oil at all so you can scoop it out the tray onto your mash potato which is how it was served. Great for basting especially with all those fragrant spices!
Vinegar - Acid in the marinade is the other ingredient needed for balance. That or citrus. You can also use a combination of vinegar and fresh lime or lemon which is what I do but you don't need both.
Spices - Spices add flavor and aroma, no calories either so don't leave them out. Spices used in this Oven Baked Chicken Breast Recipe and to see the rest of our non irradiated herbs and spices click this link here.
The best part about this recipe is that the chicken is not drenched in oil even though it uses quite a bit. Instead the olive oil simply adds tenderness, flavor and blends in with the juices making this extremely flavorful!
Suggestion & Tips
If you are concerned about the pan and cleaning (I don't blame you!) but I have absolutely no issues with this. It's nothing a soak of very hot water and soap cannot do, so there's no hectic scrubbing and then in the dish washer.
Regardless, you can also use a sheet of parchment paper to bake the chicken and in the last 5 minutes remove the paper and give it a quick grill in the oven. Choices, choices....
OVEN BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS
- Use room temperature chicken.
- Mix the marinade and pour over the chicken.
- You can let it rest to absorb flavor in the marinade or you can use them immediately.
- If you are going to leave them in the marinade then 10 to 30 minutes will be sufficient with an hour being the maximum.
- If you are a customer and using our Smell & Taste range of herbs and spices then you can go ahead and use them immediately because the fragrance and flavor is all in our bottles already.
- Mix the marinade, pour it over the chicken and bake!
That's how easy it is and you can see the full recipe card below.
- If you have a meat mallet then use it. Mine is cheap and probably the reason for the uneven finish!
- My wooden rolling pin does all the magical work of pounding for now so I will let you know when I buy a better quality meat mallet, not yet an essential item 🙂
I know that you must've heard that it's a good stress reliever and can help you take out your frustrations. It's not. It's just meat and a wooden gadget so use it gently and only where necessary or it will tear your chicken.
- Tucking it under the board so that it doesn't shift up and down.
- It also helps to avoid any splattering or the chicken tearing when pounding.
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES
- Easy Chicken and Pasta Recipe
- Herb Chicken Roast
- Oven Baked Chicken and Crunchy Rice Casserole
- Grilled Chicken Salad
- Chicken Curry From Home
I hope that you have enjoyed this Oven Baked Chicken Breasts Recipe! Give it a try @anosmickitchen #anosmickitchen If you try this recipe be sure to leave me a comment and rating below! Thank you.
Oven Baked Flavorful Chicken Breasts
- Mashed Potato and Peas Recipe
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon 13 Spice - Smell & Taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic & herb - Smell & Taste
- salt & pepper to taste - Smell & Taste
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 3 chicken breasts
- These chicken breasts bake for 20 minutes. To serve with the mashed potato and peas get the full recipe here.
Oven Baked Chicken Fillets
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees C. with the rack in the middle.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, spices and seasoning. Taste as you go and set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts on a flat surface, cover with plastic wrap and use a meat mallet or wooden rolling pin to pound the breasts. Pound only the thicker sides.
- Add a tablespoon of the marinade into the base of the oven tray and get the chicken breasts into the pan.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and bake at 190 degrees C. for 10 minutes. Take them out, baste, put them back in, increase the heat to 220 and let them cook for the remaining 10 minutes.
- Wait 2 to 3 minutes before serving.