Grilled chicken wraps in a light marinade and char grilled chicken, served with a creamy mascarpone cheese dip and a hint of chili. These wraps are so quick to come together which makes them perfect for a delicious lunch.
Grilled Chicken Wraps
You can use homemade grilled chicken, leftover chicken that you shred or cut into smaller bite sizes, really any cooked chicken. Better still and more convenient, a store-bought rotisserie chicken! Either way it's quick, easy and always delicious.
This recipe was the inspiration for my dips recipes that I shared on my Instagram, and so many responses! The recipes included a few dips like The Most Delicious Guacamole, Beetroot Hummus, Roasted Red Pepper Dip Recipe.
Dips are a great way to "ZHUZH" up your food in flavor, texture and a pop of color. If you looking for some inspiration then I urge you to look at my collection that was created for exactly that reason. To inspire you in the kitchen! Sauces Dressings and Dips
This chicken wrap recipes can be made using other types of meat like Overnight Slow Cooker Lamb Leg Roast so great for this type of sandwhich/wrap recipe. Easy Air Fryer Pork Belly another fantastic meat to make mascarpone chicken wraps or sandwiches.
How To Make Chicken Wraps
These are super simple to make so once you've decided what you're adding into your wrap in terms of a protein then you're on to a good start. These are your basics to a wrap:
Protein: Chicken always works wonderfully in a wrap but it's not the only protein. You can also use fish, bacon, shrimp, beef, lamb turkey, meat essentially or seafood.
Filling: Avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce, fresh herbs etc.
You don't have to fill your wrap with veggies so don't spend a lot of time analyzing what vegetables to use. There are a host of other ingredients to use especially fresh herbs, sliced onions or you can even omit the vegetables and use this incredibly delicious veggie spread that doubles up as a dip!
Seasoning: Basic dry spice rubs or your favorite chicken spice. We use this natural, aromatic and flavorful chicken seasoning.
Wraps: You can use all grain wrap, plain flour, any wrap.
Cheese: Freshly grated mozzarella or a mature cheddar is also great in this recipe.
Sauce: Mascarpone cheese dip, the star of the wrap with chicken
If you are making your own grilled chicken, this is for you. A few easy steps to making the best grilled chicken.
How To Cook Grilled Chicken
Prep the chicken: Remove the chicken breasts from the fridge to reach room temperature at least 15 minutes before cooking.
Dry: Dry them with kitchen towel or tissue paper to remove acess moisture.
Prep to cook: If you want thinner chicken breasts, you can slice them in half to make cutlets or you can use a meat mallet to pound them. Just make sure to cover the chicken fillets with cling wrap to prevent them from tearing.
The above step is optional. You can cook your chicken breasts slightly thicker too, just regulate the heat.
Season and spice: Season the chicken breasts with a mix of olive oil and seasoning. We use these products.
Cook/Grill: Heat the griddle till very hot, place the chicken breasts over and grill on both sides till done.
Timing: You can use a meat thermometer to check the doneness, 74°C / 165°F for skinless boneless chicken. If you don't have a thermometer, gently press on the thickest part of the chicken to see if the jices are clear. Clear juices means it's cooked and pink juices, continue cooking. You can also check the chicken juices by using a sharp knife to pierce into the thickest part of the chicken.
Rest: Cover and rest for 10 minutes.
Carve: When the chicken has cooled properly, slice into bite sized pieces or slices.
Serve: Spread this creamy mascarpone cheese over the wrap as the foundation for the chicken and vegetables or salad ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients or use this veggie dip, a drizlle of extra virgin olive oil, salt & pepper and enjoy!
Tip! Soaking the red onion in vinegar softens them, less of a sting and makes the color pop!
A quick guide to this grilled chicken wrap recipe
- Toast the wraps or the flatbreads
- Start with the mascarpone dip and spread it at the bottom of the wrap
- Layer the ingredients and try not to overfill the wrap
- Wrap, roll and cut however you want it
- Serve with a side salad as a meal or on its own for a light lunch or snack.
FAQ's Grilled Chicken Wrap
What sauce goes well with a chicken wrap?
There are a number of sauces to use from ketchup and mayo to hot sauce like Sriracha but we use none of those in this recipe
What vegetables can I add to a chicken wrap?
Onions, lettuce, fresh round tomatoes (easier to slice) or the Roma tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, yellow pepper (tastes mild for wraps) and other pickles!
How this recipe came about...
From the time I started this blog I've always said 'work with what you have'. I didn't have a lot of suitable fresh veggies besides cucumber and tomatoes to be honest. And because I am not about running around for ingredients at the last minute my choices are simple; either I'm making it or I'm not and trust me, I was making this wrap. There was no way I was not going to use the delicious and tender grilled chicken breasts and mascarpone creamy dip which was really the star of this chicken wrap!
I hope that you enjoyed this chicken wrap recipe and please don't forget to rate my recipe below. Thank you and enjoy!
- Basil Pesto Recipe
- Cucumber and Onion Salad
- The Most Delicious Guacamole
- Avocado Salad Dressing
- Quick and Easy Chickpea Hummus Recipe
- Creamy Smashed Chickpeas
Looking For More Ideas?
If you loved this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let us all know what you thought about it.
Grilled Chicken Wraps
- 1 Recipe For Tender Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 1 Recipe for Mascarpone Cheese Dip
- 4 flat breads or wraps
- thinly sliced or shaved cucumber
- fresh greens - lettuce mixed herbs, mint, flat parsley, basil, or any other greens (set a little parsley aside for the red onion later)
- ¼ thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 4 halved cherry tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese
- Mature cheddar cheese
- ½ avocado if you're using a rich dip like mascarpone cheese the avocado is optional though fantastic!
- Smell & Taste Salt & Pepper seasoning
- Keep a few cherry tomatoes sliced and whole to serve on the side with greens & herbs.
- Prepare the recipe for the Grilled Chicken Breasts or use rotisserie chicken pieces.
- Pour the vinegar over the onion and let it soak while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Take out the flat breads, soft naan bread or wraps and warm them up on medium heat in a dry pan. Grate the Parmesan and cheddar cheese Slice the avocado.
- Start with the mascarpone cheese by spreading on the base of the wrap. Layer the lettuce and any mixed herbs that you're using. Remove the sliced onion (leave the wine vinegar for later) and add it onto the lettuce and herbs. Add the cheese and more mascarpone dip. Repeat until enough for one wrap but don't overfill. Roll, cut and place on a serving plate.
- Add a teaspoon of olive oil into the left over red wine vinegar and drizzle this over the sliced cherry tomatoes and herbs which you can place beside the wrap.