A crisp, fresh and easy cucumber salad that takes 15 minutes to make, get to the table and enjoy. Served here with a balsamic and natural ingredient vegetable spice salad dressing.
Serve this salad next to a meat roast or serve this cucumber salad as a side with a delicious wrap for a light summer meal. I have a great chicken wrap with mascarpone for you incase you want to try it with this salad.
Cucumber Salad Serving Suggestions
This is one of my favorite salads because it takes no time at all, and you can change the dressings easily to suit the mood and meal. It's very customizable so add other ingredients that you love as long as it remains a cucumber salad 🙂
I've added tiny slices of yellow bell pepper and random feta cheese but again, nothing over the top that will steal the show.
- Pork Roast With Crackling & Gravy
- Salmon And Rice
- Herb Chicken Roast
- Beef Brisket In A Spice Rub And Delicious Sauce
A simple dressing with the following ingredients;
Simply shake all the ingredients in a glass jar or use a whisk and jug to combine and don't forget to taste and season as you go! If you find it too strong or too tangy add a little filtered water to dilute it.
Can This Salad Be Made in Advance?
Here's the thing, there are some salads you can make hours in advance or a day in advance like this delicious Mediterranean Salad! This cucumber salad can be made hours in advance yes! However, I wouldn't say make it days in advance unless you don't mind eating the cucumber when it's not at its best. Once it's made, simply cover it with plastic wrap or a lid and leave it in the fridge till serving. Any last minute herbs and dressing should always be added last.
Once you've added the dressing, it should be eaten, and why not it's wonderful! The balsamic dressing against a hint of sweet red onion, salty feta, little bits of sweet yellow pepper and the crispy goodness of cucumber, wow!
Cucumber and Red Onion Salad
The star of this cucumber salad is the red onion! It brings a pop of color to the greens and adds a textured bite. Slice your onions thinner if you prefer it that way.
Tips and Suggestions
If you really don't like red onion simply use another type onion like a sweeter one or try this;
- Soak the red onion in cold water while you do your prep, it will give the onion a more toned taste and not with such a strong bite.
- If you have a mandolin to slice the cucumber it does give it a more perfect slice that's if you really want it more perfect. I must admit I enjoy the old fashioned method and slicing with a sharp knife.
- Don't add your dressing until last.
- Add fresh chopped parsley over just before serving for a fresh bright look.
- Use this vegetable spice for the perfect lift! It changes all your veggies from bland to tasteful, adds flavor to your dressings and dips. It does what it says 'For That Extra Lift!"
More Salad Recipes
- Spinach and Berry Salad With A Berry Salad Dressing
- Green Bean Salad
- Mediterranean Salad
- Chickpea Salad
- Super Simple Blackberry Salad With Burrata Cheese
Cucumber and Onion Salad
- 2 cucumbers, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- fresh mint
- fresh parsley
- ½ small snacking bell pepper
- a couple block feta cheese (cut in smaller pieces)
- Add the sliced cucumber to a large enough salad bowl.
- Add the sliced onion. You can slice them again in a moon shape if you want them smaller followed by the bell pepper and fresh herbs. Combine gently and then add the feta cheese.
- Serve and Enjoy!