Beetroot Hummus, both beautiful to look at and extremely healthy, no going wrong here. This hummus is creamy, delicious, vegan, gluten free, and just like most dips, takes 5 minutes to make. It doesn't require much of you yet always come out shining and tastes fantastic!
When you think that the key ingredient to making beetroot hummus is beetroot it's so crazy because this is an extremely underrated vegetable that's so good for the body, makes a host of delicious, healthy and beautiful recipes, is affordable - the all too simple yet powerful beetroot.
5 minutes and you're hummus is ready! Once your beetroot is roasted (or boiled) you can keep it in the fridge for a day or 2 before you decide what you want to use it for. What else can you use your beetroot for? Well for salads, as a roasted side dish, pickled, smoothies, as a puree in baking like my 4 Layer Ombre Birthday Cake or my Beetroot Pancakes With Almond Flour (Gluten-Free)
If you are someone that doesn't want to taste the raw earth flavor of the beetroot then add tahini because I find that it almost takes away that raw food taste which is exactly what I like. To each his own and here's why you should make this recipe;
- Easy & delicious
- Vibrant color
- Vegan friendly
- Guten free if you're gluten intolerant
- Super simple
Another way my family loves to eat beetroot is with vinegar! Pickled beetroot is big favorite in our family so that will be an upcoming recipe!
TIPS & SUGGESTIONS
My one and only suggestion to this easy bright red vegan beetroot hummus is to reserve the water when draining the liquid from the chickpeas. I always find that reserving the liquid can take the hummus from good to ridiculously amazing! So give it a try the next time you make hummus.
Oh and also....
- you can use one garlic clove (I just love garlic so I used 2)
- if you don't have olive oil use another good quality oil
Other Quick & Easy Dip Recipes
If you try this Beetroot Hummus, feel free to leave me a comment and a star rating! And if you take a photo of your dish and share it on Instagram, please tag me @anosmickitchen and use the hashtag #anosmickitchen because I love seeing your remakes! Happy cooking????
- 2 small Roasted beetroot instructions.
- 410 grams chickpeas 1 regular can rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsps tahini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 small fresh garlic cloves
- 1 fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- chopped herbs optional
- Once the beetroot has cooled down start by peeling and chopping the beetroot (just makes it easier for the processor) and add it into the food processor.
- Add the garlic, chickpeas, lemon juice, salt & pepper and blend till smooth. Add the olive oil by gradually pouring into the processor as it spins. OPTIONAL: Add the reserved liquid from the chickpeas gradually (just as much as you need) to give it a creamier consistency and it also helps to keep it moist as opposed to using additional oil. Water by the teaspoon is your other option if you want it slightly thinner.
- Keep chilled and serve on toast, crackers or eat with veggies or pasta.Enjoy xoxo