A creamy, easy and luxurious 5 minute Mascarpone cheese dip that needs no cooking, heating or any kind of turning the stove on. No blending either and 5 minutes is too long it's probably 4.5 minutes :)!
If you love making dips for the weekend or entertaining then you must try this one! I don't need any of those reasons to make this dip it's so quick and luxurious with a creamy deliciousness that you wont either. The full recipe card is below but don't miss my suggestions. Before we continue you may want to take a look at this Roasted Red Pepper Dip Recipe!
MASCARPONE CHEESE DIP
It's the best most creamy luxurious dip that you can top up on desserts, toast, and use as a dip for chicken pieces or other meat dishes, vegetables like carrots and cucumber, flatbreads, crackers or how about these incredibly delicious chicken wraps! I am sure you have your own recipes to create from here so please leave your comments and ratings below.
There is no olive oil in the dip because it was not needed but a drizzle all round just adds a certain kind of je ne sais quoi (French) which simply means 'an expression of quality'
Need I say more though? This spice has been such a favorite for us and those of you who have it sitting in your kitchen! Thank you, your support is gratefully appreciated. If you don't have our Smell and Taste Calabrese spice you certainly can use your favorite chili spice. It obviously will not give you the same flavor and taste because our Calabrese is not only just one spice it's a blend of many dried, roasted and ground spices and dehydrated vegetables. A very powerful spice both in it's bold color and flavor.
I'm so in love with the recipe and I hope you will love it too!
Remember that it's very customizable so make it work for you using what you have in terms of cheese.
- You may have cottage cheese instead of sour cream or you may not like sour cream so go with creamed cheese.
- Remember you can use any of your favorite available fresh herbs.
- Choose between lime and lemon they both work
- Minced garlic if that's your preference
- Dried herbs and spices
- Not everyone loves mustard right? So try substituting the mustard for perhaps mayonnaise or combine the two? You could even try a milder mustard or how about a drizzle of honey for some sweetness.
Mustard brings a very distinct taste to the recipe so it's not an easy fix but hopefully the above can help. I like that almost spicy sweet taste of maybe tangy that mustard brings but not everyone does. Oh you may like horse radish! Okay I'm going to stop now :)))
The idea here is to give you my mascarpone dip which I make on repeat because it's one of those that just works. There are only 3 ingredients that you need and the rest is herbs and spices.
I hope that you have enjoyed this post and are ready to turn a salad or crisp into a mascarpone party dip 🙂
Give it a try @anosmickitchen #anosmickitchen and make it your own because the kitchen is about creativity. If you try this recipe be sure to leave me a comment and rating below! Thank you.
PIN THIS RECIPE
Mascarpone Cheese Dip
- 125 grams Mascarpone cheese (half a tub)
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp. salt and black pepper mix - Smell & Taste
- ¼ teaspoon Calabrese spice - Smell & Taste
- 1 Tbsp. Mustard
- Drizzle of olive oil (only when serving)
- fresh lemon juice
- Add all the ingredients (except the olive oil) into a bowl and combine to a smooth consistency.
- Add the seasoning and any spices as you go and not all at once. Taste as you go.
- Just before serving add a sprinkle of Calabrese spice, a drizzle of olive oil and a little fresh lemon squeeze.