This is one of our favorite oven baked fish dinners recipes. The fish is soft and flaky and is cooked in our all new Fish Seasoning and served with the most delicious pan juices!
How To Make Oven Baked Fish
- Oven Tray Place the fish onto an oven tray.
- Drying Make sure the fish is defrosted and use kitchen tissue paper to dab any excess water.
- Fish seasoning Sprinkle, gently rub it in, drizzle olive oil, gently dab it into the spice rub.
- White wine Pour a little white wine into the tray from the side making sure it doesn't disturb the top of the fish. The wine adds flavor, keeps the fish moist, prevents it from drying out completely and helps create delicious pan juices!
- Oven bake for approximately 12 to 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Rest for 3 minutes before serving
- Why resting the fish is important? So that the juices can redistribute back into the fish and not all over your plate when you cut into it!
What Other Fish To Use This Spice On
- All seafood
- Fish that is suitable for pan frying like prawns and shrimp
- Add into a fish soup and stew
- Add it into the pan after making this Seafood Marinara with butter and pour it over the dish!
Flipping The Fish
It's not necessary and I would suggest not trying to do it. Fish is very delicate and turning or flipping could make it fall apart.
What Goes Well With Fish?
Here are a few examples of how complementary fish can be;
Potatoes Perhaps the most suitable and widely popular! My favorite and used in this recipe are these roasted potatoes.
Pasta or Rice A simple example is this Salmon And Rice
- Pickled Fish
- Pan Seared Salmon
- Fish Bake Recipe in Basil Pesto, Parmesan and Tomato
- Traditional South African Pickled Fish
- Prawn Lime Pasta Recipe
We have been working on a blend that will equally complement fish and other sea foods like prawns, shrimp, mussels salmon which will work for both oven bake and pan fry, this is it. I have over the years bought many sea food spices and never quite found what I was looking for. I wanted something healthy, tasty and not just tasty but something that would make me see the difference after it was cooked not just taste it. Something that didnt involve just herbs and lemon. I wanted it with a kick but not too much, with vibrancy, so a bold flavorful spice. i think you can see how excited I am about this!
Looking For More Delicous Recipes?
Shop our Online Store for quality spices.
Oven Baked Fish
- 1 kg Hake fish fillets boneless
- 2 Tbsps. Olive oil
- 2 Tbsps. Smell and Taste Fish Seasoning
- ¼ to ½ cup white wine
- Preheat the oven to 210/220 °C
- Using fish that is completely thawed is important.Place the fish on a baking tray and use kitchen tissue paper to dry the fish.
- Sprinkle the fish seasoning and lightly dab it over the fish. Do not turn/flip the fish over, it's very delicate and can fall apart. Add the olive oil and using your fingers gently dab it into the fish.
- White wine Pour a little white wine into the tray from the side making sure it doesn't disturb the top of the fish. The wine adds flavor, keeps the fish moist, prevents it from drying out completely and helps create delicious pan juices!If you not a wine drinker, use fish stock or water.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or just until it flakes easily when you pick on it with a fork.
- Remove the fish and rest on a plate.
- Not necessary but suggested: Add about a tablespoon of butter into the remaining juices of the pan with a little more fish spice and let this melt. Pour it over the fish when serving but make sure that the fish has rested for at least 2 to 3 minutes before serving.