Tender fish bake recipe with the most beautiful and delicious juices. The combination of the fresh lemon, seasoning, basil pesto, tomatoes and melted Parmesan cheese gives you the best flavors!
We used regular hake fillets but I am sure the recipe works with just about any fish. If you can get your hands on fresh fish wonderful but frozen fish works just as brilliantly. All you have to do is make sure that the fish has reached room temperature before you start.
Benefits of fish?
No only kidding here's the recipe!
Layer the fish in an oven tray, season it with some salt and pepper, add in lemon slices, a drizzle of olive oil and bake.
EASY FISH BAKE RECIPE
- Bake the fish for 15 minutes
- While it bakes make the tomato mix
- Remove the fish from the oven, add the rest of the ingredients.
So in terms of how hard is it to make, it's a no fail recipe that can be made in 30 minutes and you can have dinner on the table. While the fish bake is getting it's golden color in the oven you have enough time to prepare a lovely light salad to serve on the side!
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
Heat a non stick pan and cook the onions, garlic, tomatoes and baby spinach.
Take the fish out the oven, spread some delicious homemade basil pesto and your cooked tomato mix and return to the oven for that famous golden brown color.
Here are some ideas of what you can serve this fish bake recipe with:
- Crunchy Roast Potatoes
- Cooking Fluffy Quinoa Every-Time
- Rosemary Veggie Roasted Potatoes
- Fresh Garden Salad
- Basmati Rice Perfection and How to Cook It?
- Irresistible Greek Yogurt Mashed Potato Recipe
- Roasted Cauliflower in Tahini – Buddha Bowl
You never need to turn the fish over. Once it's been going 15 minutes in the oven , add your pesto and tomatoe sauce and return to the oven for a cheese grill.
If you try this Fish Bake Recipe please don't forget to leave feedback and a rating.
Fish Bake Recipe in Basil Pesto, Parmesan and Tomato
- 8 hake fillets
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 3 fresh cloves garlic cloves
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 fresh Lemon
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tbsps basil pesto
- ½ cup Parmesan, grated
- 1 cup fresh basil
- chilli flakes
- Heat the oven to 180 C. While the oven is heating up, layer the hake fillets in the baking dish. Season with salt & pepper, a squeeze of fresh lemon and a drizzle of olive oil. Bake for approximately 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a non stick skillet, once hot add a tablespoon oil and cook the sliced onions on medium heat and add the garlic, continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Add the baby spinach and paprika and turn off the heat.
- Remove fish from oven, and add a touch of pesto to the fillets.
- Add the skillet ingredients on top of the fish.
- Top it with grated cheese, an extra small sprinkle of pepper.
- Bake till for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.