Roasted Red Pepper Dip made with roasted peppers and tahini. Vegan, gluten-free, dairy free, comes together so quickly and tastes incredible! It's not only creamy and delicious but also has a gorgeous color that can brighten up any dish that you decide to serve it with.
This red pepper dip can easily be prepared using a food processor however the blade for processor was in hiding somewhere but the blender did a great job too! Once the peppers are roasted and peeled, it takes less than 5 minutes to get this recipe into a dip. Let's start by roasting the peppers for this dip.
How To Roast Red Peppers
- Rinse and air dry or dab with a kitchen towel.
- If you're using a baking pan then you would be better off with a sheet of baking paper for easy clean up.
- Our preferred way is to roast them whole and straight on the oven rack. They are hot when you take them out so use a pair of tongs to take them directly to a large pot with a lid where you will keep them covered!
- Keeping them in a pot with a lid on helps them steam which helps the peels come off easier.
- Roast for about 30 to 40 minutes or until they become charred
- Once cleaned you can store them in a container topped with oil and leave them in the fridge.
- Topping with oil before you seal and refrigerate helps preserve them.
- It lasts for up to a week in the fridge when properly sealed.
What are the benefits of roasting bell peppers?
Roasted Red Pepper Dip Ingredients
- Roasted red peppers
- Yogurt or Sour Cream
- Fresh basil
- Smell & Taste Salt & Pepper
- Smell and Taste Calabrese spice (you can use smoked paprika or cayenne pepper)
- Olive oil
How To Make Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Now you've roasted the red peppers now what? Perhaps you're using store bought roasted peppers, which will also work in this recipe. The advantages of roasting them at home has a lot to do with freshness, flavor, you get to decide what's going in and the quantity!
Super simple, you get all the ingredients into a blender and blend. The only time here would be with roasting the peppers but you can also roast them in advance.
My only suggestion would be to just taste as you go. The measurements are below but we all have our own preferences, The other suggestion would be to remember that the longer it stands in the fridge the more 'together' the ingredients will combine. Still, while making it, simply add more or less of an ingredient to reach the consistency that you're looking for.
How To Use Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- in sauces
- as a topping on crostini
- on vegetables
- in a pasta dish
- pizza topping
- appetizers .
More Quick and Easy Recipes
- Roasted Cauliflower in Tahini – Buddha Bowl
- 3 Ingredient Home-Made Tahini Recipe
- Turmeric Paste
- Ridiculously Delicious Wrap
- Easy Naan Bread, Yeast and Sugar Free + VIDEO
THANKS FOR PINNING!
Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- 2 Red peppers, roasted
- ½ teaspoon Salt & Pepper Seasoning
- 3 Fresh Garlic Cloves, crushed
- ⅛th teaspoon Pinch (or to taste) Smoked Paprika or Calabrese spice.
- Fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tbsps. Olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsps. Yogurt or sour cream
- 2 Tbsps. Tahini
- 1 Fresh lemon, juice
- Preheat: Preheat the oven to 220°C/400°F2 Red peppers, roasted
- Prep: Rinse the bell peppers and pat them dry and brush with a tablespoon of olive oil.3 Tbsps. Olive oil, divided
- Roast: In an oven safe pan, roast for roughly 30 minutes, turning them around halfway through. They should be charred on the outside.
- The minute you take them out the oven, get them straight into a bowl or pot. Something with a lid so that you can keep them covered to steam in their own heat. This makes it easier to peel. Once they are cool enough to peel, remove the peels, seeds and cut them into strips.
- Once your peppers are roasted, cooled, peeled and sliced, get them into a blender. Add the seasoning and spices, garlic, remaining olive oil, tahini, yogurt or sour cream, fresh lemon juice and basil leaves. Blend into a smooth paste.½ teaspoon Salt & Pepper Seasoning, 3 Fresh Garlic Cloves, crushed, ⅛th teaspoon Pinch (or to taste) Smoked Paprika or Calabrese spice., Fresh basil leaves, 2 Tbsps. Yogurt or sour cream, 2 Tbsps. Tahini, 1 Fresh lemon, juice
- Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until serving. Bring to a room temp before serving with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a garnish of fresh parsley.3 Tbsps. Olive oil, divided