I cannot sufficiently emphasis how flavorful this chorizo pasta is. It's a very simple dish to make, the tiny shrimp seem minuscule next to the chorizo but they certainly hold their own in this multi flavored textured dish.
This recipe is so great for dinner but ofcourse in our household, nothing is the norm so we had it for breakfast. It was a late breakfast early lunch and it was so good there was no cooking at all that evening for dinner, so all in all an extremely satisfying meal.
Again, nothing planned, took out the baby shrimp, gave them a rinse through under the tap, left them to dry in a clean kitchen towel while I assembled the rest of the ingredients.
CHORIZO PASTA DINNER?
The next time you think dinner or what to cook tonight think of this Chorizo Pasta because it is worth every minute of the that half hour that it will take you to get it onto the table and maybe another 10 minutes to tidy up. This dish is best served immediately to enjoy the maximum flavors! Can you heat and eat the next day? Absolutely yes, if you have any left over 🙂
ALL THE REASONS TO MAKE THIS CHORIZO PASTA RECIPE
- Extremely flavorful
- Takes no time at all 30 to 40 minutes you will have dinner on the table (even much less)
- Simple, non complicated recipe
- Light meal (yes spaghetti is a carb but you don't have to eat it in large amounts)
LET'S DO IT
Rinse and leave to dry.
You want all the garlic so don't skimp.
I used both pork sausage and chorizo. I said maximum flavor, and fried the garlic in butter and oil, that's pure flavor right there.
You can use any pasta in this recipe, but the spaghetti swirls perfectly around the fork as you pick up those tiny shrimp and crunchy juicy sausage!
This chorizo pasta dinner requires one non stick pan or skillet and a pasta pot to cook pasta water. You can wait for the water to be heated and boil to add the pasta to cook or you can start on your sausage pot in the meantime.
Essentially the sausages are actually cooked in a large outdoor pan but any skillet or pan will work. As long as it's non stick and fairly large so that the food is not overcrowded.
MORE PASTA RECIPES
- Seafood Pasta in Tomato Sauce
- Sun-dried Tomato, Garlic, Chicken With Fresh Basil and Pasta
- Italian Tomato Pancetta 5 Ingredients 30 Minute Recipe
- Creamy Scallops, Perfectly Round and Sensational
Chorizo Pasta Dinner
- 350 grams Spaghetti
- 200 grams chorizo sliced
- 150 grams pork sausage
- 400 grams baby shrimp frozen
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoons olive oil 1 for the pork sausage
- fresh Italian parsley
- Italian seasoning
- smoked paprika
- Add the shrimp into a colander, rinse under a running tap just to loosen the shrimp and melt any ice that that it may have. Once rinsed, shake the colander to get rid of any excess water,
- Pour the shrimp onto a dry, clean kitchen towel and pat dry. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. Once boiling, add salt. Add the spaghetti and cook for approximately 8 minutes. Once cooked drain, reserving a little pasta water and set aside.
- Place the sausages in a saucepan with a little water to cook them. Let the sausages cook in the water for about 7 to 10 minutes or until the water has evaporated. Add the oil into the pan and brown the sausages. Set aside till cooled and then slice them. Same pan, while it's still hot add the sliced chorizo and fry on medium heat, Keep turning while browning, Add oil for chorizo while they are frying, chili flakes and Italian herbs/oregano or parsley. Cook till brown, and set aside.
- Same pan, wipe down with kitchen tissue paper and leave on the stove on medium heat. Add olive oil for shrimps and half the butter.
- Once the butter has melted into the oil add the garlic and saute for a few seconds'
- Sprinkle salt and paprika over the shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, tossing them inside the pan or swirling making sure to try and get all the shrimp covered in oil and butter. Squeeze the juice from half a lemon into the shrimp while they are cooking.Finish off with chopped fresh parsley.
- Toss together the cooked spaghetti, sliced pork sausages, sliced chorizo and mix it together adding a little reserved pasta water for a more saucy pasta and sausage dish.Add the fried shrimp, fresh herbs and drizzle all the oils from the pan over.