I don't know anyone who likes boring food and oats if eaten every day can be rather boring so lets liven it up just a little, or a lot 🙂 and there's nothing quite like a comforting bowl of oats on a winters morning. Honestly I think it's as good as a cup of tea any time of the day.
This creamy peanut butter oats is the perfect breakfast - warm and delicious. I find that when you make oats with all the trimmings be it PB, fresh or frozen fruit, nuts & seeds or whatever your favorites are it becomes a very sustainable breakfast!
If truth be told I never liked oats as a child. Actually I couldn't get myself to swallow it I hated it so much. Granted it was a different oats time sadly 🙁 I don't know how it was cooked but by God it was something atrocious! It was well, just nasty oats and cooked in a very non gorgeous non edible fashion at the boarding schools that I attended so yes, not anyone's favorite so to speak.
HOW TO COOK PEANUT BUTTER OATS
Here we are, 2019 and a 100 different ways to serve oats, wonderful! As we all know that having too many options is not always a good thing but having the choice to choose, that is where the power is. The same thing in choosing our foods, what to buy when we are in the supermarket, where to buy from, to fry, poach or grill, how to cook our food, what to serve it with, those are our choices and we make them each time setting our own individual tastes and habits.
BREAKFAST BOWL - PEANUT BUTTER OATS
- Peanut butter alone is already high in protein and improves sugar levels.
- no added sugar
- no added salt
- keeps you full for longer
TOPPINGS ON THIS OAT BOWL
EAT PRETTY OATS! Yes you can make it very pretty and colorful with different fresh fruit but really the best part of oats is that you can top any and all of your favorite toppings.
This oat bowl
- lightly crushed cashew nuts
- meted peanut butter
- chocolate pieces
- pomegranate (that's just my anosmia kicking in, more on this here)
Peanut Butter Oats Recipe
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tbsps peanut butter reserve 1 tablespoon for later
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat all the ingredients in a saucepan (reserve 1 tablespoon of PB) and bring to heat on the stove top.
- Let it cook for a minute or 2, pour into a bowl.
- Melt the reserved PB in the microwave and pour over the oats.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE IMAGES BELOW!