This spaghetti tomato recipe creation which was cooked in under 30 minutes, has a soft creamy texture with mild yet slightly robust flavors. The creamy lightness from the cottage cheese and the burst of flavor from the juicy tomatoes, with garlic, olive oil and a little spice and seasoning, is a dynamic combination of real good food!
Knowing in advance what you are going to be making for dinner is very seldom the case for most people. Even though it is mandatory to have all the ingredients ready before you start cooking, there are times when you walk into the kitchen and 'make do' without fussing about it or having it all organized. Generally that's when creativity walks in the door.
THE BEST SPAGHETTI TOMATO RECIPE EVER!
Maybe I'm being biased but good heavens this was amazing and if you know me I'm very old school so I am not into giving myself praise until I am 200% happy with it and I was more than happy with it.
If you are looking for a pasta recipe then definitely try this one! Why?
- Creamy and delicious
- Less than 30 minutes
- Every day pantry ingredients
- If you don't have coconut milk, use regular milk or almond milk
- Meat free dinner
- Easily reheat-able as leftovers
- Mild flavors yet robust flavors, balanced
HOW TO COOK THIS SPAGHETTI TOMATO RECIPE
Spaghetti Tomato Recipe - If you are on a particular diet that says no pasta then leave the kitchen because once this recipe is cooked, you will not be able to resist. Sometimes the best things come from not an idea, not from a recipe that you remember but from 'making do'. Oh hold up, that's my life when in the kitchen!
Cherry Tomatoes - The burst of flavor from the juicy tomatoes is insane, and fried on low heat in olive oil allows then to cook to perfection. They cook inside because if you have the stove on how, the tend to bruise on the outside and not cook through on the inside.
Fresh Basil - One of my most favorite herbs! It always adds an intense but just enough flavor almost as though it balances out the recipe for you. There's no need to cut the basil, simply take a few together and give them a little tear. Add into the food in the last couple of seconds so that you still get the texture that it will maintain.
Cottage Cheese - If you are looking for an alternative to just coconut cream or tomato sauce then cottage cheese has a wonderful taste after being simmered. You add a little coconut milk while it's on the stove and don't worry when you see that it looks like it's curdling, as long as you have the heat low, once you stir in the coconut milk it will settle.
Looking for more delicious pasta recipes?
- Seafood Pasta in Tomato Sauce
- Juicy Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
- Chorizo Pasta
- Prawn Lime Pasta Recipe
- Spaghetti With Spinach Sauce
Widget not in any sidebars
I do have a big heart for cottage cheese because it's always being called 'bland' and maybe so but once given a little seasoning and drizzle of olive oil it goes from bland to tasty. It also adds a beautiful creaminess to this spaghetti tomato recipe without being overly rich. The minute it touches the hot skillet, start stirring and make sure that the heat is low to medium. It does curdle just a little but when you add coconut milk that helps to soften it and allows it to simmer to a creamy sauce.
Tips for making this Spaghetti Recipe
- When the cottage cheese blend is in the pan, just make sure the stove is on low to medium and let it simmer to the thickness level that you want.
- Blending takes a few seconds and you have a delicious creamy cheese that goes into the heated skillet. You might have to use a spatula to help get all the cream out of the blender.
- If you find it a bit too thick, simply add a drop of milk, any milk or the pasta water and let it simmer.
To make this recipe vegan, simply substitute the cottage cheese for another vegan cream cheese and to serve, instead of regular feta crumbles, use the vegan feta cheese. Simple, delicious and VEGAN!
Types of pasta you can use in this recipe
- Penne Rigatone
- Penne Lisce - always the least favorite with Italians 🙁
Follow along for more Flavor filled recipes:
Widget not in any sidebars
Spaghetti Tomato In Under 30 Minutes
- 220 grams spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon salt for the pasta
- 3 ½ tbsps olive oil extra virgin
- 1 fresh garlic clove roughly chopped
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes with half sliced in half and the remainder left whole.
- 3 tbsps cottage cheese
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- fresh basil handful
- salt and black cracked pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon your favorite spice dried parsley, chili flakes, etc
- ¼ cup mixed sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- ½ fresh lemon juice
- Heat the pasta water, lid on.
- Once it starts to show signs of boiling, add the salt.
- The pasta goes in once it starts boiling.
- Remove the pasta a minute or two before it's done. Set aside and keep the pasta water aside.
- Add the cottage cheese into the blender.
- Add the 1 ½ tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the garlic.
- Pinch of salt and pepper,
- Blend and set aside.
- Heat a skillet or non stick pan and add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Once heated add the tomatoes and cook them till cooked through but not over cooked on low heat for about 4 to 5 minutes. Low heat otherwise they burn outside and are not cooked through on the inside.
- Add your pinch of favorite seasoning mixed with a sprinkle of salt.
- Once done, remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the mixed seeds to brown for 2 minutes.
- Remove and set them aside on kitchen tissue paper to drain.
- Same pan, pour in the cottage cheese from the blender, low heat.
- It will curdle slightly but don't worry, keep stirring for a few seconds and then pour in the coconut milk.
- Stir and let it simmer. If you need more milk to make a but more liquid add a little drop of the pasta water that's reserved. Or regular milk or coconut milk, regardless just a little and stir to see how thick or thin you want it.
- Now add the cooked pasta into the cream and using a pair of tongs mix it together.
- If you need more liquid, use the pasta water.
- Take the fresh basil and tear in half and toss it into pasta, give another lift with the tongs.
- Serve with tomatoes, seeds, seasoning,some broken bits of feta cheese, cracked black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
Widget not in any sidebars