A crunchy, refreshing cabbage and corn salad that makes the perfect side dish and takes no time at all to make. Seen here draped in a no mayo creamy and delicious Avocado Salad Dressing but just as delicious without the dressing.
Salads don't always need a creamy dressing, I've made this recipe with a splash of fresh lemon and seasoning which gives the veggies a chance to shine through.
The deep purple color adds a pop of happiness to any dish no matter how you prepare it salad, or not. Even though there are 100 ways to use this healthy vegetable besides a salad, today it's that color and crunch that we're looking for in this recipe.
Red Cabbage And Corn Salad
- Corn - Fresh or frozen, both work fine.
- Red Cabbage - Although you can also use green cabbage, it won't be as vibrant and I do love the sweetness as opposed to the green. The leaves are easier to work with, softer.
- Fresh parsley - Flat leaf Italian parsley for a more intense flavor.
- Tomatoes - Fresh tomatoes, you can use cherry tomatoes or salad tomatoes both work well.
- Cucumber - Too good and fresh to leave out
- Feta Cheese - Feta has such a great texture and tangy hit of flavor so crumbled or blocks works.
- Lemon, Salt & Pepper - This combination cannot be left out.
What else can I do with red cabbage?
You can roast it, slow cook it with fruit, use the leaves as 'cup fillers', pickle it, or sauté it in a little olive oil, spices, cherry tomatoes and spinach.
This red cabbage and corn salad is as good without the avocado dressing. I make it all the time and add salt and pepper, fresh lemon juice and a sprinkle of calabrese spice for a hint of chili. However, in this recipe as you can see, there was more than a generous amount of avocado dressing poured on and it was worth every creamy bite!
Although perfect with red cabbage if you don't have any, you can swop the red cabbage for white and swop the corn for peas or carrots? Just an idea to also suggest that this salad is not only tasty, fresh and gives a good bit it's also versatile.
What To Serve With Red Cabbage And Corn Salad
- Oven Baked Flavorful Chicken Breasts
- Pressure Cooker Spare Ribs
- Oven Baked Pork Ribs With A Homemade Balsamic Sauce
- Beef Brisket In A Spice Rub And Delicious Sauce
- Spinach and Berry Salad With A Berry Salad Dressing
- Plum Salad With Peppadew Salad Dressing
- Avocado Salad Dressing
- Plum Salad With Carpaccio and Pecans
Red Cabbage And Corn Salad
- 1 small red cabbage
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn - microwaved on high for a minute & left to cool if frozen
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ sliced cucumber
- 2 fresh salad tomatoes sliced or chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled or in cut into squares
- salt and pepper to taste watch the amount of salt if using feta cheese.
- fresh lemon