Summer inspired tomato, bacon and chili spaghetti is perfect when you want to spend minimum time in the kitchen yet still maintaining flavor. Get those tomatoes tenderly cooked that they burst with flavor. Tomato juices, fresh crunchy basil leaves, pasta seasoning, crispy bacon, olive oil and Parmesan cheese is what food dreams are made of!
That's what we're all about here at My Anosmic Kitchen, never compromising on flavor and this tomato bacon and spaghetti is no different. How difficult is this recipe to make? Not at all, in fact it's easy, quick and it tastes absolutely incredible! The melted parmesan cheese with pasta and juicy tomatoes with crisp basil and olive oil is off the charts delicious. The pasta spice with it's natural herbs and spice flavors add just the right amount of mouthwatering pasta to take it from delicious to phenomenal.
Tomato Bacon and Spaghetti
What You Will Need
Just a few ingredients and as always, freshness is best in terms of the end result.
Parmesan cheese - Preferably not prepacked and already grated for you. Buy the block and grate it yourself. Can you use another cheese? Eh....if you must yes but the taste will be different.
Fresh Basil - Beautiful and fragrant herb and always such a great idea to grow your own because the uses are endless! Just take a look at this homemade basil pesto or this Tomato and Basil Pesto Toast. The basil is added in two parts. At the beginning and towards the end. This is simply to add another layer of texture and crunch to the recipe. I love this idea of crisping up the basil much like we do with this ravioli with fried sage and brown butter.
Chili - Again use fresh chili and if you want less heat in your dish simply remove the seeds. Cut down the chili lengthways, open and remove the seeds. Don't forget to wash your hands before touching your face or eyes 🙂 You don't have to remove all, for medium heat, remove some. Red chili has a sweet more mellow taste than green chili so going with red for it's smokiness and robust color adds a good balance to this dish.
More Quick, Easy and Delicious Pasta Recipes To Try
Garlic - In this recipe I slice the garlic not mince or crush. Because garlic controls the flavors in most recipes depending on how it's used and cut it's best to slice it. Try not to make it too thin either, just regular slices. When you add the garlic to the oil you want it to cook till a light golden brown not burnt. Lifting the pan off the heat for a few seconds helps you achieve this if the pan is too hot.
Pasta Seasoning - A blend of fresh herbs and spices with no preservatives. All you need a little during the cooking process and a pinch before serving with fresh black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. This pasta seasoning from our Smell and Taste collection has brought many a dish to life!
For More Pasta Seasoning Recipes
Bacon - Use your preferred bacon and chop it up, fry and set aside. We use one pan so keep it on the stove for the garlic, tomatoes and basil.
Spaghetti - Last not but least is the pasta and here the pasta of choice is spaghetti because spaghetti and tomato are a match made in heaven.
Watch The Video
NEED MORE DELICIOUS FOOD?
Join my free email list HERE to receive new recipes and a set of three delicious recipe ebooks!
Shop our online store for quality all natural spices.
Tomato, Bacon and Spaghetti
- 350 grams spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 cloves fresh garlic sliced
- 2 tbsps fresh basil leaves
- 1 red chili remove seeds for less heat
- 200 grams bacon chopped
- 1 /2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes halved
- Heat the pasta water, lid on bring it to the boil or use kettle boiled water. Once boiling add salt and cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add 1 tablespoon of oil and fry the bacon. Once golden and crispy, set aside.
- Same pan, add 2 tablespoons of oil, add the garlic and cook till light golden brown. Add the chili and add a drizzle more oil if necessary. Cook for a few seconds. When adding the fresh basil, remove the pan from the heat and mix it with the garlic and chili. This helps the basil leaves not go black as they hit a hot pan!If the stove is too hot lift the pan off the stove while adding the basil, mix and return the pan to the stove and add the tomatoes and the pasta seasoning.