We are loving this broccoli salad so much it's a good one for sure. It can be served as a side dish but there's quite a lot of crunch involved so for brunch or lunch is a brilliant idea! It's healthy, making you feel full for longer and with the dressing, it's amazing!
Making Broccoli Salad
Broccoli salad with a creamy salad dressing that's a flavor bomb. This salad uses raw ingredients and makes a healthy side dish. Crispy raw broccoli is tossed together with cherry tomatoes, red onions, dried cranberries, sweet yellow snack bell peppers, nuts to finish and harissa paste flavor bomb dressing, its insanely delicious!
It' incredibly easy to prepare!
Prep simply rinse, cut and get everything into the bowl.
Stems I've removed the broccoli stems so as not to go overboard with the crunchy
Mix it up there's no need to throw the stems out, you can include them in the salad
Roasting/Stock Keep them for roasting in a mixed veggie roast or for a stock later.
Freeze them too Simply put them in a sealable bag in the fridge, if you don't use them in a day or two, transfer them to the freezer for another day.
For the Broccoli Salad and Dressing
For the broccoli salad you will need:
- Red onion
- Cherry tomatoes
- Snack bell peppers
- Toasted walnuts
For the salad dressing:
- Sour cream
- Harissa paste
- Vegetable spice
Fresh is best however you can get a head start by combining everything from the salad ingredients except the tomatoes.
Tomatoes - Slice and add just before serving.
Nuts Toast and store. Add at the last minute.
Salad dressing can be made and stored in a sealed jar in the fridge. This dressing is absolutely delicious and you can pour it onto anything you please. It goes beautifully with Cucumber and Onion Salad as well as a Pan Seared Salmon.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES?
Shop our online store for quality all natural spices.
Broccoli Salad With A Creamy Dressing
- 1 broccoli head florets only
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- sweet snack bell peppers
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- vegetable spice for that extra lift!
- ¼ cup chopped toasted walnuts
For The Dressing
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tbsps. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 1 tbsp.. honey
- salt to taste
- Nuts Toast the Nuts Dry the toast the walnuts in a pan and set aside to cool.
- Dressing Dressing Add all the ingredients into a blender and give a mix for a couple of seconds. If it's thick add a tablespoon at a time of water and season as you go.
- Serve Serve with the salad dressing.
- Place them into a bowl, pour boiling water over and let them sit for a minute
- Add the florets to a pot of boiling water and cook for a minute
- Eat them raw, they're good for you and the salad dressing is so divine you won't even notice!