Carrot crunchy chickpea soup with grilled mushrooms, roasted chickpeas and coconut cream. This soup is easy yet yields the very best in nourishment.
I am posting this recipe in relation to the Immune Boosting Carrot Sweet Potato and Ginger Puree because it's exactly the same recipe with a few different toppings!
Add some fresh turmeric or turmeric spice to your soup!
Ingredients you will need for this recipe:
- Sweet potato is optional you don't have to add it in
- coconut cream or coconut milk (you can use cows milk you just won't get the same creaminess but it works)
- curry paste (also optional)
Sometimes when you cook you forget that not everyone knows exactly how to do it. The recipes always look easy to you but to someone else they not so detailed explanations are often necessary. Just as when I see recipes that I have no idea of if there's no explanation all I see is a picture.
I do hope these simple steps will help you if you would like to make this soup and if you are already a pro cook then a little inspiration maybe as I also get from all of you.
INSTAGRAM SHOUT OUT?
Try any of my recipes
Don’t forget to tag your creation and share it with me on Instagram.
@anosmickitchen and use the hashtag #anosmickitchen
KEEP IN TOUCH
Get new recipe updates where I share some inspiration, tips and news straight into your inbox.
Click here or on the image below and then check your email for a welcome letter from me!
Carrot Chickpea Soup
- 2 medium sized carrots cleaned & chopped
- 100 grams sweet potatoes peeled & cut into cubes
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 3 tablespoon olive oil you can use 2 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon unsalted butter if not vegan
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon turmeric root grated or 1 ½ tablespoon turmeric spice altogether and omit the next one
- 1 teaspoon turmeric spice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry paste
- 2 cups vegetable stock low sodium
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ½ teaspoon coriander spice
- In a large pot heat the oil and butter until hot and shimmering.
- Add the onion and let it sweat for a minute before adding the carrots and sweet potato. Mix together, leave it for about 2 minutes before adding the garlic followed by the spices.
- 2 minutes into the veggies cooking, pour the stock in and continue cooking on low to medium heat for 20 to 30 minutes or until the carrots and sweet potatoes are tender enough to be blended. Halfway through cooking add the curry paste by mixing it with a little bit of water to loosen it up and mix it into the soup. .While cooking, put the lid on the pot but make sure its slightly ajar so it doesn't spill over through a tight closed lid.
- Transfer the veggies once they are cooked through and have cooled down before pouring into a blender (or use a hand held blender in the pot). Either way, blend into a smooth soup and then return the soup to the pan on a very low simmer to reheat. Add the chopped fresh herb or spinach if using any and the coconut cream, swirl and done.