A super delicious and flavorful steak and roasted vegetables, that uses one grilling pan or skillet and gives you a sizzling dinner! That's besides the incredible aroma or the something wonderful is happening in my kitchen right now that will make everyone ask 'what's for dinner?'
This recipe was honestly so easy and quick and it looked as though it took me a while but it didn't. The intent was to create a vibrantly delicious meal in a short amount of time and that was accomplished here so please read through.
I used one pan for this recipe so very little clean up!
Roasted Vegetables and Steak
We all love oven roasted vegetables but sometimes you want an easier quicker way to get them onto your plate and this is it!
With this quick grilled steak that's half the job done and what's next is to roughly chop the bell peppers and onion, add the mushrooms and let them cook till done to your liking. You can also simply cut the onion and bell peppers in half and then tear the pieces apart because the idea is have large chunks of vegetables.
I love coming up with my own recipes and creating in my kitchen and this recipe is one of my new creations which we loved so much and hope that you will love it too!
My husband with steak for dinner can get a bit boring because he is a meat man and just may love meat as much as he loves pasta! Okay maybe second to pasta 🙂
The problem is he is happy to eat just steak as a complete meal, me? Not so much. I am a veggie woman and I love my veggies and legumes as you will see that I'm either making something with chickpeas or lentils! What can I say, love them especially this Chickpea Curry In An African Dream Spice
So this time I was really craving some veggies but didn't want to start heating the oven so this is what happened.
Steak And Roasted Vegetables
How to make this meal....
One Pan - Cook the steak first and while it rests use the same oil for the veggies.
Steak - Use any steak but if you're looking for a quick dinner and less time in the kitchen which is the objective of this recipe yet still maintaining all the deliciousness then the smaller steaks work faster!
Vegetables - The vegetables are barely cut or chopped, keep them chunky. You won't get the charred lines that you normally get from using a grilling pan because the heat is medium. This heat allows the vegetables to cook inside yet still retain the crunch. If your heat is high you will get the burn/char on the outside, lots of smoke and a bit less cooked through so you decide.
Steak and Roasted Vegetables
- 2 steaks of your choice the smaller the quicker they cook
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup mushrooms approximately
- salt & pepper for seasoning
- 1 tbsp. oil for frying the steaks
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter steaks
- 1 tbsp. oil for veggies
- 1 teaspoon vegetable spice
- 1 Recipe For Chimichurri Sauce
- Generously season the steak, both sides with salt and pepper. You can do this in a tray or board so that you can mop up all the seasoning that falls off while you season. Make sure the entire steak is covered even the fat side if using a bigger steak with fat.
- In a hot pan add the tablespoon of oil and cook your steak 3 to 4 minutes per side (depending on the thickness) Add the butter equally over the top of both sides and let it melt. Now use a spoon to collect the fats in the pan and baste your steak. (Scoop and pour over the steaks) Repeat a few times. Once done, set aside to rest and in the same pan cook the vegetables.
- Use the oils in the pan to cook the chunky bell pepper. Make sure the heat is now on medium to high so it cooks the bell pepper tender but still crunchy.
- Half way through add the chunky onion and if necessary add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Keep turning and checking for doneness, when its almost cooked add the mushrooms and season all the veggies.
- If the pepper and onion are cooked you can remove them onto the serving plate and let the mushrooms cook finish.
- Serve with the cooked steak, juices from the steak while resting and chimichurri sauce.