If you're looking for a simple yet delicious way to elevate your bread game, look no further than this Italian Herbed Olive Oil Bread Dip. This flavorful dip only takes a few minutes to prepare using ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
It is perfect for serving as an appetizer or snack and a great way to incorporate some healthy fats and herbs into your diet.
History of Italian Herbed Olive Oil Bread Dip
Italian Herbed Olive Oil Bread Dip, also known as "olio di erbe" or "olio all'aglio" in Italian, is a popular appetizer or snack enjoyed in Italy for centuries.
The dish consists of a mixture of herbs and spices combined with olive oil, which is then used as a dip for bread.
The use of olive oil as a base for dips and dressings can be traced back to ancient Greece and Rome.
While the Romans used it as a dip for bread, the ancient Greeks used it as the foundation for their sauces.
In Italy, olive oil as a dip for bread has been a tradition for centuries. The recipe for Italian Herbed Olive Oil Bread Dip varies from region to region and from family to family.
In recent years, Italian Herbed Olive Oil Bread Dip has become increasingly popular worldwide, including in South Africa.
It is now commonly served in Italian restaurants and pre-made mixes and jars.
Italian Herbed Olive Oil Bread Dip is delicious and has numerous health benefits.
Antioxidants and healthy monounsaturated fats found in olive oil can lower cholesterol and lower the risk of heart disease.
This bread dip recipe is made simply, with a range of spices and the best olive oil on the market. you know we are talking about the 100% natural product range from Smell and Taste. To make this Italian Herbed Olive Oil Bread Dip, you'll need the following:
- Garlic and Herb Spice
- Vegetable Spice
- Calabrese Spice
- Pasta Spice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Parmesan Cheese
These simple ingredients work together to create a flavorful and aromatic dip perfect for dipping bread or vegetables.
Prepare the spices
Toast The Spices: Add all the spices into a pan on low to medium heat, and toast them for a few seconds to release even more flavors and fragrances.
Olive oil: Pour half the oil and mix them all together using a wooden spoon.
Attention! Remove from the heat.
Countdown: This is very quick, or they will burn. Turning constantly, and don't turn away! (Count to 20 and remove) The spices will toast, and the olive oil will warm up with the spices.
Serve: Place the flat Italian parsley on a plate, pour the oil and herbs over, add the cheese, and pour the remaining cold olive oil and cheese.
Optional: You can add a drizzle of balsamic if you want, or you can have it separately in a small dipping bowl for those who may not like the taste.
Serve with crusty bread, and enjoy.
Italian Herbed Bread Serving Suggestions
There are endless ways to serve this Italian Herbed Olive Oil Bread Dip! Here are some suggestions:
- Serve with a crusty ciabatta, sliced Italian bread, or this quick and easy no knead bread. .
- For a healthy twist, try dipping raw vegetables such as carrots, celery, cucumber, or bell peppers.
- Use it as a chicken, steak, or fish marinade before grilling or roasting.
- Spread the dip on a sandwich or wrap it for extra flavor.
- Mix it with cooked pasta or roasted vegetables for a simple, flavorful side dish.
This Italian Herbed Olive Oil Bread Dip is not only delicious but also offers various health benefits.
The following are a few advantages of the ingredients used in the recipe:
Smell and Taste Garlic and Herb Spice
Garlic is a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, B6, and manganese, and may have anti-inflammatory properties.
Oregano and thyme, which are healthy herbs with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, may also be added to the herb mixture.
Smell and Taste Vegetable Spice
The vegetable spice blend may contain a variety of herbs and spices, such as basil, parsley, and garlic, which are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Herbs like parsley and basil are particularly rich in vitamin K, essential for bone health, and may also have anti-inflammatory properties.
Smell and Taste Calabrese Spice
The Calabrese spice blend typically includes hot peppers, such as cayenne, which contain capsaicin. This compound has been linked to various health benefits, including pain relief, improved digestion, and reduced inflammation.
Smell and Taste Pasta Spice
Several herbs and spices, including garlic, oregano, and basil, which have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, may be included in the pasta spice mixture.
Oregano, in particular, has been found to have antimicrobial properties and may help fight off harmful bacteria and viruses.
Extra virgin olive oil
Healthy fats like those found in extra virgin olive oil have been linked to a number of advantages for your health, including a healthier heart and less inflammation.
Olive oil also contains polyphenols and antioxidants that may help protect against chronic diseases such as cancer and diabetes.
Balsamic vinegar is a low-calorie condiment rich in antioxidants and may have anti-inflammatory properties.
Some studies have also suggested that balsamic vinegar may help improve blood sugar control and lower cholesterol levels.
Parmesan cheese is a good calcium and protein source and may contain beneficial probiotics.
It should only be eaten in moderation as part of a balanced diet, though, because it is also high in sodium and saturated fat.
This Italian Herbed Olive Oil Bread Dip is a simple and delicious way to add flavor to your bread or vegetable dips.
It's easy to make and contains a range of health benefits from the olive oil, garlic, and herbs used in the recipe.
With its versatility, you can serve it as an appetizer, snack, or meal.
So try making this dip at home to impress your guests, or enjoy a tasty and healthy snack.
More Italian Recipes?
I have recipes that will inspire you, try these!
- Easy Italian Homemade Pizza Recipe
- Baked Feta And Tomatoes
- Mediterranean Chicken Pasta Bake
- Creamy Beef Ragu And Pasta
More Delicious Recipes!
- Mediterranean Salmon Salad With A Stunning Vinaigrette
- Italian Summer Salad
- Italian Antipasto Charcuterie Board
- Homemade Ciabatta Bread
Looking for more delicious recipes?
Subscribe to my free newsletter and never miss a recipe!
Shop our online store for quality all natural spices.
Olive Oil Bread Dip
- 1 teaspoon Smell and Taste Garlic and Herb Spice
- 1 teaspoon Smell and Taste Vegetable Spice
- ½ teaspoon Smell and Taste Calabrese Spice
- 1 teaspoon Smell and Taste Pasta Spice
- ½ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Parmesan Cheese
- Add all the spices into a pan on low to medium heat, toast them for a few seconds to release even more of the flavors and fragrance. Pour in half the oil and using a wooden spoon mix them altogether. Remove from the heat. This is very quick or they will burn. Turning constantly and don't turn away! (Count to 20 and remove) The spices will toast and the olive oil will warm up with the spices.
- Place the flat Italian parsley on a plate, pour the oil and herbs over, add the cheese, pour the remaining cold olive oil and cheese.
- You can add a drizzle of balsamic if you want or you can have it separately in a small dipping bowl for those who may not like the taste.
- Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!