This creamy chicken pasta is such an easy and delicious recipe! Add a few more ingredients, and suddenly you feel like a pasta goddess! It's creamy using coconut milk but feel free to use your cream of choice. This recipe is your solution to getting a delicious and satisfying pasta dinner onto the table pronto, all in 30 minutes.
I like to think of this creamy chicken pasta recipe as a family dinner. It's a great way to serve those brightly colored peppers, just chop them much smaller so they are more welcoming. I've sliced them in this recipe because we all love bell peppers however, chopping them small is also a kinder way of serving them to those who don't like peppers. I've used the yellow and the red because the green is a stronger taste and can be a little overpowering since they don't cook for long.
Ingredients For Creamy Chicken Pasta
Some of the other ingredients in this recipe include sundried tomatoes and spinach. Please note, that this is a go to dinner for us so in other words, you can add or omit any of the following depending on your families preference.
Bell peppers: Here you can use red, yellow and green or just one color or two.
Sundried tomatoes: If you cannot find a good quality sundried tomatoes I would say rather leave them out. You may prefer it without the sundried tomatoes in that case. If you find a great Italian product, use it! You can chop one or two and the oil is unbelievably flavorful and even just teaspoon over your food, bread etc is great.
Baby spinach: It's affordable, healthy and doesn't need any cooking, simply add it at the end to wilt. It also adds that great green color since I left the green bell pepper out.
Here are your key ingredients, the full recipe card is at the bottom of the post
Pasta: Use any shape of pasta that you prefer, there are many out there from penne and rigatoni and more. I've also used orecchietta (small ear) since they have a tendency to really hold all the sauce in! See my Mushroom Pasta for an example of how well this pasta holds the sauce.
Cream: I went with coconut milk only because since I started my healthy recipes for the month of January, I loved it. Although we are not in January and I am back to regualar cooking, I am still trying to make those 'healthier' or 'better' choices where possible. Please feel free to use your preferred cream.
Bell Peppers: As mentioned earlier I used yellow and red and avoided the green purely for the much stronger taste. Use all the colors or only one color as you wish.
How To Make Creamy Chicken Pasta
Start by deseeding and chopping or slicing the bell peppers, get the water on to cook the pasta, grate the cheese, decide on your cream of choice, this is more the prep. Here's a breakdown.
These are my tips and suggestions.
Can creamy chicken pasta be made ahead?
I never pasta ahead of time because the best way eat pasta is immediately when it's cooked. My only suggestion here would to be do all the preparation ahead of time like cleaning and chopping the bell peppers, grating cheese and so forth. It will make it so much quicker when you ready to cook the meal.
Can this recipe be frozen?
I would not recommend freezing it after it's been cooked.
Can I make more or less of the recipe?
Yes that's always a good idea to cook the right amount for your family. In this recipe I used 4 chicken breasts to serve four adults with the pasta.
What To Serve With Creamy Chicken Pasta
There are a few ideas below but you can also thoroughly enjoy this recipe on it's own! It's incredibly satisfying.
- Mixed roasted vegetables with Brussel sprouts
- Roasted Brussel sprouts on their own
- Bread or crunchy breadcrumbs over the pasta. You can find my best homemade breadcrumbs recipe. If you are using store bought, they can be so bland and boring, so just add a drizzle of a good quality olive oil and some fresh herbs and spices to level them up.
More Creamy Pasta Offerings
- Creamy Pasta Chorizo
- Saucy Meatballs in a Creamy Pasta Sauce
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Beef Ragu And Pasta
- Creamy Fettuccine Pasta
- Creamy Chicken Pasta Soup
Looking For More Comfort Food Recipes?
- Instant Pot Lamb Shanks In A Rich Red Wine Sauce
- Mediterranean Farfalle Salad
- Cottage Pie
- Chicken Parmigiana
- Chicken Parmigiana
Stay In Touch!
Shop our online store for quality all natural spices.
Let me know if you make this Creamy Chicken Pasta recipe by commenting below. Your star rating is most appreciated and please let us see your recipes, by using the @anosmickitchen in your Instagram post and the hashtag #anosmickitchen
Creamy Chicken Pasta
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 2 to 3 cups dry pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bell pepper, half yellow and half red, deseeded and either sliced or finely chopped
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 2 to 3 tbsps. butter, unsalted
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk (or cream or half and half)
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon vegetable spice
- 2 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Bring a pot of water to boil, add the salt and pasta. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain (set aside a cup of the pasta water) and set aside.
- Meanwhile dry the chicken breasts with kitchen tissue paper and cut them into cubes. Season the chicken cubes with salt and pepper.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium heat and add the olive oil and seasoned chicken cubes. Cook for roughly 8 minutes or until they have color and are cooked. Add the bell peppers and pinch of vegetable spice. Leave to cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes with the bell peppers in and then set aside in a bowl. You can also decide how cooked or crunchy you want your bell peppers and work the time around that. 2 to 3 minutes gives you crunchy veg.
- Same pan, add butter and the coconut milk, simmer until it has thickened slightly and the liquid has cooked down a bit. About 6 to 8 minutes.
- This is a good time (when the cream has almost reduced) to add the optional ingredients if using.
- Turn the heat down and add the parmesan cheese and taste for seasoning. Remove from the heat, return the cooked pasta and combine. If you need a little more of a liquid consistency, add a small amount of pasta water (less than a quarter cup) at a time until you have your preferred consistency. If you are happy with the consistency, discard the pasta water or see below for ideas
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese.