This Easy Chicken and Pasta Recipe with basil pesto and spinach is so quick and super delicious, made with just a handful of ingredients. No cream and no dairy just a creamy and easily customizable recipe. What a good homemade basil pesto can do for your food is beyond words! I haven't met anyone who doesn't like pesto and knowing how to make your own batch at home is like having your own secret 'kitchen ammunition.
With just 4 ingredients it's quick and super delicious! No cream, no dairy and easily customizable.
CHICKEN PASTA RECIPE
The basil pesto works brilliantly with this pasta because it crawls into all those pasta curls and it holds onto all the flavor. Two large tablespoons of pesto is a good serving for three to four people especially when being served with a great side dish!
Pasta - Use any pasta, the only reason I like Fusilli is that the corkscrew shape knows exactly how to hold onto every bit of pesto flavor. Keep about a cup of pasta water aside for extra creaminess! An old tip I saw many moons ago by my mother in law.
Spinach - It has never been easier you actually don't even cook the spinach so make sure to use baby spinach. It wilts in no time and your dinner is on the table before you know it.
Chicken - If you've seen my Angel Hair Pasta Recipe you will know that I am having long busy days so I am currently making anything that needs minimal time and effort and this chicken pasta recipe fits right in!
- Celery Salad
- Best Simple Tossed Citrus Salad
- Herb Chicken Roast
- Oven Roasted Butternut
- Roasted Fennel
- Vegetarian Eggplant Slices
- Grilled Chicken Salad
MORE PASTA RECIPES
- Spicy Sauce Pasta
- Spaghetti Tomato Recipe
- Steak & Spaghetti
- Pesto Pasta Recipe
- Pasta Pronto, Easy Pasta in 7 Minutes and Serves One
- Pasta Ziti Al Tonno Calabrese Recipe 10 Minutes
- 3 Ingredient Spicy Spaghetti Recipe
If you tried this Easy Chicken & Pasta Recipe or any other recipe, don't forget to rate the recipe below and let me know what you think. Why? Because I absolutely love hearing from you and seeing your photo's, you know I do! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest for more flavorful recipes!
Easy Chicken Pasta Recipe (Pasta Al Pesto e Pollo)
- 200 grams fusilli pasta
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 Tbsps. basil pesto
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste Smell & Taste
- 2 chicken breasts or rotisserie chicken pieces
- Cook the fusilli pasta according to packet instructions.
- Heat a non stick pan, add the oil and cook the season breasts for roughly 4 minutes a side depending on thickness. Set aside. ORUse Rotisserie chicken pieces and season them.
- When the fusilli is cooked use a large carving spoon to remove the pasta into a bowl. Set it aside.
- Turn the heat off and add the baby spinach to the pasta water for less than a minute. Just to dip it in for a couple of seconds and remove it. Set it aside in a plate.
- Add the basil pesto into the pasta and mix with a pair of tongs while you keep adding a little pasta water to keep it flexible and creamy.
- Serve the pasta with the spinach and chicken. Season to taste and a drizzle of olive oil.